Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fireside Chat

Re:Fireside Chat 03 Jan 2012 03:03 #5513

• Jeanne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry to hear that you were challenged over the Christmas holidays Dan. I think that as the Love fills our souls and works it's miracle we are challenged to catch up to these inner changes in a concious way. The old thinking and attitudes which cling to our concious minds are hard to shake and these incompatable elements are still influencing us and causing discomfort and we feel tested as the old comfortable habits become irritating and irrelevant. Soul growth is not easy and certainly not fun at times but these inner changes are permanent and well worth the pain. They don't call it the new birth for nothing and at times it feels like going through the birth canal as the old you is being cast aside as the new you emerges.
I pray that you will feel relief and joy as these inner changes emerge and transform as the angelic Dan finds his wings. Your brother and friend.....Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fireside Chat 03 Jan 2012 12:18 #5514

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 79
You are such an amazing person Jeanne............no, it's Al who can become two persons at once. And what's more amazing is that you're on vacation and also dropping in here. Thanks good friend for your love and caring words. You are in deed my brothers keeper. All is well here on the western front however east of you as God is the captain of my ship and we're back in calmer waters. Just like when I paddle upon the lakes, any condition is good even the tempest.

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Fireside Chat 03 Jan 2012 14:18 #5516

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 77
Dan wrote:

The other day I was chatting with a friend and I said, "do you think we get tested"? And he said "no", that he didn't believe that God tested us.

I agree with your friend, Dan, as I don't believe God tests us either. What occurred to me before and during the Christmas holiday is that I had several spiritual cleansings and the outcome was that negative thoughts came to me that were exactly the same as what I was thinking many, many years ago before I accepted Jesus' teachings. And it was distressing and I wanted to know why this was happening because I've been receiving lots of Divine Love all year long.

It came to me that the layers of sin that had covered these thoughts had been removed and this was just another layer of darkness that needed to be dealt with and released so more Divine Love could flow into that space. So thank you, God, that I didn't dwell on this as it would have really been detrimental to my soul's condition and I would have been in deep trouble. :) And if I'm remembering correctly, this was the worst part of my life, so maybe what's left on my soul to be blotted out without it bothering me too much... we'll see.

Such is the beauty of God's Divine Love that we receive clarity and awareness of why these things occur and the knowledge of how to get through it very quickly. We are so blessed.

Love,
Joan

Re:Fireside Chat 04 Jan 2012 18:53 #5518

• Dan
I'm with you on that too Joan. No tests from God. Probably just our interpretions.

Love,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

Re:Fireside Chat 04 Jan 2012 21:24 #5519

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 77
Hey Dan,

One of my co-workers sent this to me yesterday:

Revelations 3:8

When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly! 'The power of one sentence! God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work in your favor. If you believe, send it. If you don't believe, delete it. God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close.

---

Well, what is the real truth? God never leads us to the edge of the cliff, if that's where we find ourselves, then it's because of our own doing. But He will lead us away from the cliff if we ask for His help.

As much as I wanted to share this with her, it just wasn't the right time, and I know what someday there will be a time when we can have a heart-to-heart talk about God, but whether or not she'll believe me when we're both spirits... well, we'll see. :)

Love,
Joan

Re:Fireside Chat 04 Jan 2012 21:58 #5520

• Dan
Joan, I really enjoyed the part about God closing doors we can't close and opening doors for us that we cannot open.....at least on our own power. I'm very very curious lately about something that my paddling buddy recently asked me while sitting around the fire. He asked me why folks weren't beating down the doors to get to the truths that we teach here regarding the transformative power of God's Divine Love. It's an awesome thing to consider that most will never accept and seek God's Love as a personal possession and embodiment. So I ask myself why? And here's what's coming to me.

Most people will not submit to a higher power and surrender their will to God. They do not know that total submission = total happiness. Perhaps for some this demonstration of passivity is a sign of weakness. Maybe this letting go and submitting to the influence of another is discomforting. Intellectuals speak of this as weak mindedness. Societies heroes are often staunch and stubborn individualists that bucked the status quo and did it their way. This false romanticism is a devils lair as one moves from dependence to independence. It's cool in today's time to being an independent man or woman, an original thinker, an iconoclast.

Perhaps new hero's need to be spoken to of the power of love to transform to seek the higher road. These images of individuals turning to God as their all in all,the solution to their problems, their CEO, the head of their family, the fairest of them all, the object of their greatest love and seeking, the greatest joy in this universe, the epitome of all joy, love and happiness is one that can transform the landscape of humankind. Perhaps the more we focus on God the more our example becomes our unspoken sermon.

Love,
Dan

Love,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts