Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fireside Chat

Re:Fireside Chat 24 Dec 2011 14:33 #5491

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 79
AL wrote:

Being receptive to the guidance and promptings that are influencing us each day is the key.

There is also a need to not worry this issue too much because the more we think about what is the right guidance and direction, the more we put our own ego into the mix.

I've had the same experience Al, as I really don't focus on contacting the spirit world and trying to contact spirits. At one time I was anxious to receive automatic writings from spirits and ended up throwing away most of what I wrote as I felt that my own mind was creating too much fabrication in the writings. Later, I found my gift in inspirational writing as the angels sprinkle in their thoughts once in a while in what I write. With that type of writing I don't feel the need to getting it perfect.

Early in my soul progression(back in the early seventies) I attempted astral projection many times as a conscious disassociation of my spirit spirit from my mortal frame. Over the years I've discovered it's really a no brainer as many of us do this in our sleep.

So Al, I agree with you that the harder you try with psychic gifts the more we get in the way. Perhaps the most conducive condition for psychic receptivity to spiritual gifts is to heighten the soul through prayer for GDL and elevate it closer to the the level of the angels so as to create a better rapport for communication. Psychic proclivities are a by-product of soul development through GDL maturation in the soul. That's why I put all my eggs in one basket with prayer and bonding with GDL as my all in all. I do this one thing and make it my modus operanda and all the other stuff naturally comes into harmony all on it's own.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Fireside Chat 24 Dec 2011 18:12 #5493

• AL
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, I agree with you Dan that psychic gifts are not the goal merely the byproduct of soul development. These gifts come as we are ready but some have more dramatic and easily accessable gifts than others. Psychic abilities are also related to physiology as our individual chemical makeup and brain structure have a part to play at least in the beginning. I was born with the doctor using forcepts and I have a dent in my scull as a result. I think whatever this proceedure damaged in my brain also allowed psychic abilities to kick in more readily. I know others who have had some sort of brain trama are also quite psychic. There is so much we don't understand about these gifts.

Re:Fireside Chat 02 Jan 2012 04:09 #5506

• Dan
The first day of the new year.

How was your Christmas holiday?

Mine was a bit difficult this year. Remember me writing earlier about how relationships sometimes get tested during Christmas. Well it happened to me too. I think I could do without these situations and then I ask; why am I facing this situation? I tend to believe that there's a reason why things happen to us in our lives. Yea, I can hear some saying that one can over analyze everything. Perhaps that is true to a certain degree and besides, our interpretations can easily get askew.

So, what to do about those relationships that are troubling? Generally, my first reaction is the human type; defensive. This kind of reaction usually makes a bigger mess of things and I find myself turning to the one source of sanity; prayer. The message of God's Divine Love as the great deliverer from our broken relationships and pain and suffering is right on time for a hurting world. God's Divine Love is the answer to all my problems.

Love,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

Re:Fireside Chat 02 Jan 2012 14:06 #5510

• Dan
The other day I was chatting with a friend and I said, "do you think we get tested"? And he said "no", that he didn't believe that God tested us.

Or, is it possible we test ourselves? Perhaps it's no so important where it originates as much as the dynamics here.

The angels say that our earth life is the most important link in the chain of our future life. I wonder why, and what comes to mind is that our habits of thinking entrench themselves like a deep groove on a record. We may get stuck in that deep groove of thinking, believing and acting and find it very difficult to break free from these entrenched habits that beckons us. We play into old emotions, fears, prejudice, judgment and get stuck in our ruts. And perhaps part of our getting stuck is part of our karma. How to we break this chain of madness?

Yes, I believe we're tested by the challenging circumstances in our life as none of us is immune to these things. How to deal with it? On one hand we may be saying I can't believe this is happening and become powerless to change or we can look at the opportunities that are emerging in front of us. We don't progress in a vacuum, living in isolation but through our relationships with others, with God. Even the choice to not have a relationship with God is nonetheless a relationship which produces certain results. The challenges that we encounter are super opportunities to test drive the Divine Love that we've been praying for. This is the moment that God's Love can intercede and help us deal with these issues.

I know, I'm really preachy about God's Divine Love and I understand that part of what we speak to in life is outer ear speech as we're simply making affirmations. Perhaps my prodigious obsession with GDL is based on my own need. Yep, I think that's about right but I also know you because you and I are alike. How do we find sanity, balance and closure?

dan

One Love Many Hearts

Re:Fireside Chat 02 Jan 2012 19:02 #5511

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi Dan,
You said "how relationships sometimes get tested during Christmas."
Did you expect this to happen? I say this because I know someone who gets ill every Christmas, we talked about this a couple of months ago and it boiled down to this person getting very sad at this time because of the children that do not have a nice time. Anyway this year she didn't get ill, she focussed on the good things about this time and didn't think about what made her ill.

She sent her love to these children this year, not her sadness, which in her case had a possitive effect on her and those around her, and you never know! so will the love she sent out this year too.

Ian

Re:Fireside Chat 03 Jan 2012 00:38 #5512

• Dan
Ian wrote:

You said "relationships sometimes get tested during Christmas."

Did you expect this to happen? I say this because I know someone who gets ill every Christmas

Didn't expect it as this situation was new and had never occurred before during Christmas. It was good though as it forced me to face myself and make love the solution like your friend did.

Dan

One Love Many Hearts