Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...
On-line study group

TOPIC: What is Truth?

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4193

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 67
What we have learned in several of Jesus' writings, and also from a few spirits, who have testified to this, that it is not enough to possess Divine Love in our souls to obtain immortality and divinity, we must also know the Truths of God and accept them. Jesus has written about various preachers who did have Divine Love, but they didn't understand what it was and still believed and preached the Bible doctrine. He indicated that after they pass over into the spirit world and before they will have an opportunity to progress in Divine Love, all false beliefs will need to be removed from their souls.

In the following message, Jesus writes about a lost soul and that, although a person may have a small portion of Divine Love which will reside in their soul, it is possible that we can lose consciousness of its existence and what the consequences are for those who have allowed this to occur.

"When once this love enters and truly possesses the soul and works the change mentioned, it, the love, never leaves nor disassociates itself from the soul. Its character of divine essence never changes to that of the mere natural love, and so far as it is present sin and error have no existence because it is just as impossible for this essence and sin and error, to occupy the same parts of the soul at the same time, as it is for two material objects to occupy the same space at the same time, as your philosophers say.

Divinity never gives place to that which is not of the divine. Man is working towards the attainment of the divine when he pursues the way provided for obtaining the divine nature. And as he advances and obtains a portion of this Divinity, no matter how small, he can never retrace his steps to the extent of ridding himself of this transforming essence and again become without its presence.

But this does not mean that a man may not lose the consciousness of the existence of this essence within his soul, for he frequently does. The indulgence of his appetites and evil desires will place him in the condition that he may cease to have a consciousness, of the existence of the divine love in his soul, and to himself he will be as if he had never had any experience of the change that I speak of.

And while this love can never be eradicated by the evils that man may indulge in or by the mental beliefs that he may acquire, yet the progress of this love in his soul may be checked and become stagnant as if the love were not, and sin and error may appear to be the only dominant elements of his life and being. But yet when once possessed, the love cannot be crowded out of his soul by sin and error, no matter how deep and intense they may be. I know that this may seem strange and impossible to man's intellectual thinking, and that it is not in accordance with what has been attributed to me as teaching that a soul may be lost. Nevertheless, a soul that has once received this divine essence cannot be lost, though its want of realization of the presence of this love and its awakening from its dormant condition caused by sin and error and its misdirected beliefs may delay its manifestation of life and existence for a long time, and much suffering and darkness may have to be endured by the soul that is in such a condition.

And it must not be understood by this as meaning that a soul cannot be lost, for it can, and many have been and will be. And many will realize the fact when too late."
How the Soul of a Mortal Receives the Divine Love, even though his Mind may indulge in False Beliefs, and the Truth concerning a Lost Soul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4194

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 72
Joan wrote:

What we have learned in several of Jesus' writings, and also from a few spirits, who have testified to this, that it is not enough to possess Divine Love in our souls to obtain immortality and divinity, we must also know the Truths of God and accept them. Jesus has written about various preachers who did have Divine Love, but they didn't understand what it was and still believed and preached the Bible doctrine. He indicated that after they pass over into the spirit world and before they will have an opportunity to progress in Divine Love, all false beliefs will need to be removed from their souls.

Hello Joan,

Perhaps Immortality and Divinity is a natural consequence of the infusion and residency of the Father's Divine Love in our soul, something that can never be divested, no matter how small the amount. It's tantamount to the old Christian saying; once saved, always saved. However like you said, soul progression may become static due to false beliefs. Dave has spoken many times to false beliefs about ourselves that hold us back. We agree that this is the work that goes on in the hierarchy of spheres in the spirit world as one works on clearing out their false beliefs. Dave told me that unworthiness is one of the most fundamental false belief that humankind has and certainly one that could block the Divine Love from entering the seeking soul. As you shared Joan, Jesus speaks to religious false beliefs that are also counterproductive to the soul's development.

This reminds me of a story of a man who is praying to be rescued while he sits on the roof of his house that is floating in a mass flood. A helicopter arrives hovering over his home as he yells out to his rescuers, "no thanks, I'm waiting for God to save me". What's tricky though is that the truth is sometimes hidden from our perception or ability to see it and therefore we're blind and ignorant. Even when the truth is presented to us straight up we still may be unable to accept and see it. Perhaps a burning desire for truth is fundamental here so as to be open minded to new ideas and possibilities about our belief systems about God and ourselves.

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4195

• Joan
Dan wrote:

What's tricky though is that the truth is sometimes hidden from our perception or ability to see it and therefore we're blind and ignorant. Even when the truth is presented to us straight up we still may be unable to accept and see it. Perhaps a burning desire for truth is fundamental here so as to be open minded to new ideas and possibilities about our belief systems about God and ourselves.

Thanks, Dan. Indeed, many people "see" what they want to see in their mind's eye and also, false beliefs that are passed down through the generations allow people to remain in their comfort zones as many feel and, possibly fear, that they do not want to "rock the boat."

But those of us who have experienced soul development to a certain degree have within us a drive and a passion about the truth and, because we have established a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father, then the truths become of the utmost importance and something we do not take lightly... if it is our burning desire to become Divine Angels on earth.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4196

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 64
Immortality or not.

I think this is what it is all about: the meaning of life, why we are here, why we were created, the reason for our free will. We have a decision we will have to make as long "as this great decisive choice exists." Ignorance of these two choices is still a choice, because not making a choice is still making a choice and the person that does not make use of their God-given right to choose is saying "no," because they are not saying "yes." They could search, though. They could humble themselves enough to ask God what the truth is, but if they do not believe there is a God, then they are stuck and will need some sort of an awakening.

I believe, though, that no man is ignorant of this truth. I believe it was incarnated with them and it resides in their soul. We know that we are not finished creations, and we all know in our soul that there is something we need to do. This is my own belief pertaining to this.

This life of spiritual ignorance and material glorification has covered this truth so that it is hardly perceptible to most people. But even if people find themselves in this situation, there is still help. We have Jesus who taught and is still teaching the truth of salvation and his truths are here in these messages, which everyone can find if they seek the truth. We have the angels, too, telling us what is the most important thing, and we have God reaching out to all and communicates to those who will listen.

The two destiny's available to us are these: one leads to death and the other leads to life; one is image the other is substance, God's substance; one is not real, because it has only a temporary existence; the other is real and all we have to do is approach God to become real through the medium of prayer and faith. God has made this so easy a child can do it.

So, no matter what people believe when it comes to making this choice, the truth is the truth and the truth is everyone has been invited to "the wedding feast," to become an angel and live through all eternity and in at-onement with God. If a person feels they are unworthy or believes that they must suffer more first before they can approach God, then that belief is false. Could it be that the ingrained beliefs of the past forced upon the past generations by some religions throughout the long years have a detrimental effect, especially the focus on Jesus on the cross and the suffering saints? Maybe, this is a main contributor in people thinking that it is a noble thing to feel pain and suffering and offer their lives for some cause, as they believe Jesus did. The other side of this, and equally terrible, is it also acts as a deterrent and turns people into conformists within a world that is out of harmony.

I wonder what the religious and political goals were that followed and distorted the true Christianity that Jesus taught while he was on earth?

A quote from the messages.
Jesus:
The man who will thus believe and pray will never be disappointed, and the Way to the Kingdom will be his, as certainly as that the sun shines by day upon the just and the unjust alike. No mediator is needed, nor are the prayers or ceremonies of priests or preachers, for God comes to man, Himself, and hears his prayers, and responds thereto by sending the Comforter, which is the Father's Messenger for conveying this Great Divine Love into the souls of men.
The True Kingdom of Heaven That Jesus Taught on Earth - the Celestial Kingdom

So the question we are all being asked is this, "Do we want to be immortal, or not?" This is the question of all questions and only we can answer it.

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4202

• Joan
Thank you, Ian, for your thoughtful post. I know I'm right there with you, because I want to be immortal and divine. :)

Your reference to those who have feelings of unworthiness got me to thinking about the Prayer for God's Divine Love and Jesus addressed it so well in the beginning paragraph:

"Our Father, who art in Heaven, we recognize that Thou art all Holy and loving and merciful, and that we are Thy children, and not the subservient, sinful and depraved creatures that our false teachers would have us believe. That we are the greatest of Thy creation, and the most wonderful of all Thy handiworks, and the objects of Thy great soul's love and tenderest care."

Prayer for God's Divine Love

When the awakening comes to us that we are the greatest of God's creation and the most wonderful of all His handiworks and then comes the best part...that we are the objects of His great soul's love and tenderest care... then we really know who our Father is.

And as you said, Ian, loving God is easy. So receiving His Divine Love to become immortal should be at the top of our agenda and not at the bottom. Maybe what is really needed for all of God's children is to experience one day of His blissful Love... if this were to happen, I have no doubt they would want more of it. I have had such an experience and I know other Divine Love followers have as well. It's a wonderful motivation for our souls to long for it even more.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 5 months ago #4206

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 72
Ian wrote:

Immortality or not.

I think this is what it is all about, the meaning of life, why we are here, why we were created, the reason for our free will, we have a decision we will have to make as long "as this great decisive choice exists," ignorance of these two choices is still a choice because not making a choice is still making a choice, and the person that does not make use of their God given right to choose, is saying no because they are not saying yes, they could search though, they could humble themselves enough to ask God what the truth is, but if they do not believe there is a God, then they are stuck, and will need some sort of an awakening.

Ian, this reminds me of the saying; most folks don't choose to fail but fail to choose. Another one is that many people suffer, not from the sin of commission, rather the sin of omission. In contemporary terms this is nothing more than good old fashioned procrastination.

Many of us put things off until tomorrow and sometimes end up never getting around to the important things. We're often more concerned with the urgent things of life and other distractions of the material. Many folks when close to death speak of regret, not for what they've necessarily done, however for what they didn't do. Perhaps it was not re-connecting with a family member when bridges were burned between them. Or it may be the omission of their personal connection with God. Sometimes we need to take inventory of where we're spending allot of our time. Are we focused only on the urgent things in life (material) or do we also make room for the important things too like our relationships with one another and with our Heavenly Father?

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens