Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...
The Growing Room
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pentecost _May 28

Pentecost _May 28 5 months 3 weeks ago #8002

• Jan
  • Jan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 44
Tomorrow is Pentecost and I wanted to share some portions of the messages about Pentecoste:

PENTECOST
Some excerpts from messages received by James Padgett and by Dr. Samuels the love like in which there is a reference to the Pentecost.

“…So, my brothers, continue to pray and have faith, and in the end will come a bestowal of unto that which came to the Apostles at Pentecost…” –Jesus

Vol I, p. 72, from Jesus:
“…As mentioned in the New Testament, when it was bestowed upon my disciples at Pentecost, it came as with the sound of a mighty rushing wind, which has before been explained to you, that shook the room in which the disciples were assembled, and filled them with its powers, which means only that this Divine Love came into their souls in such abundance that they were shaken in their souls to such an extent that they thought the building in which they were assembled was disturbed. But in this they were mistaken, for the effect of the presence of the Holy Spirit is not to affect the things of inanimate nature, but is confined to the souls of men…”

Vol. I , p. 296 from Jesus:
“…After the Pentecost, all of my disciples understood what my real mission was, and they went into the world and preached the true doctrines of my mission on earth, and the Love of the Father for His children, and the fact that that Love was waiting for all who should seek for it.
So you see that many of my disciples when on earth were not possessed of the true conception of my mission, and were not true followers of me in that inner meaning of what the Love of the Father meant, and what I tried to preach to them.

Vol II, p. 114, from John:
“…But when mankind think that we easily understood the great truths which he taught, they are mistaken. Only after the descent upon us of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost did we fully come in accord with the Father, or fully appreciate the great truths that the Master had taught…”

Vol. III, p. 72, from Jesus:
“… man has ever heard the voice of God, for He has no voice. He works in a silent mysterious way, through the operation of His soul upon the soul of men, just as the coming of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. While the Bible says that there was a noise as of a mighty wind, yet that was not perceptible to the physical ears of the disciples, but in their souls they felt the presence of such a manifestation, and in order to have mankind understand that there was this wonderful manifestation, they used the imagery of the voice of a mighty wind. So man must understand that God speaks to man through His angels, or through the communication of His Soul and
theirs…”

Vol. IV, p. 140, from Jesus:
“…After you and he have gotten in the condition when you can let your thoughts of earthly necessities cease to trouble you, and become in that state of mind and soul that will enable you to turn all your thoughts and longings to the Father and the work that He desires you both to do, there will come to you such a blessing from the Holy Spirit that will prove to you that the Pentecost of the days of my disciples has again been given to man to bless and make him pure and powerful, and the wonder of his fellow mortals…”

Vol. IV, p. 208, from Jesus:
“…So, my brothers, continue to pray and have faith, and in the end will come a bestowal of the love like unto that which came to the Apostles at Pentecost…”

NTR #11, from Jesus:
“….the real understanding of my Messiahship came to them only at Pentecost, when the Divine Love was conveyed into their souls with such power and in such abundance that they knew I had come to bring the very essence of the Father to mankind if they would seek it through earnest prayer.”

NTR #14, from Jesus:
“…The end of the Jewish dispensation, or the end of the Hebrew World, came with the Pentecost, for it was at that time that the Divine Love of the Father, which was first bestowed upon me, was granted to my followers in abundance, and the Mosaic Laws superseded by the New Covenant and the New Birth.”

NTR #32, from Jesus:
“…The first thing I would like to clarify is the rebestowal of the Divine Love upon mortals, and I should like to reiterate that my disciples had no concise notion of what the Divine Love really was, and that the one who had the best approximate knowledge of it was Mary Magdalene, through a certain predisposition of her soul; and while Peter and John had obtained a small portion of the Divine Love, it was not until the Pentecost that the Love came to them in that abundance that they were able to understand my true mission while on earth. It is not true that I said, as it is recorded in the Gospel of John, that if I did not leave them the Holy Spirit would not come to them, and that my going to my Father was a necessary prerequisite for the Comforter, or “Paraclete,” to make its appearance; and that I would send it to them from my position close to the Father. This statement, like so many others in the New Testament, is not true, for the Divine Love had been given to mankind with my anointing by John, the Baptist to open my ministry, and it was not necessary for me to pass over into the spirit world for the Holy Spirit to begin its conveying of the Love into the souls of my disciples and men willing to listen to my Glad Tidings and pray.

Actually, however, this is what occurred, because as long as I was alive on earth my disciples kept thinking of a material Messiah who would be King of the Jews in a physical sense; but when I passed over into the spirit world, my disciples were faced with the alternative of giving me up as the Messiah they were expecting or to look upon me as the Messiah in the purely spiritual sense. And with my resurrection, that is to say, with my materialization, my disciples rejected all idea of abandoning me as their Messiah and saw in me the Savior they had sought as the Savior over sin and the way to the Father through the Commandment I had given them at the last supper, “;Love ye one another even as I have loved you”.

And with my death there came to them not only the realization that my mission was a spiritual one, but they were very much affected by their sincere grief and sorrow, as well as pity and sympathy, over my passing in the brutal manner that had been imposed upon me. And this grief and love and sorrow was deep and continual, and it was this love and sorrow and grieving that turned their hearts and souls towards the Father in a great yearning of love and aspiration.

And it was this that culminated in the great abundance of the Love that was conveyed upon them at the Pentecost, not that it all came at once, but it had been building up for those fifty days within their souls, until knowledge and possession of that Love burst upon them as with a great disturbance and a great wind. And it was thus that they obtained the Divine Love to that extent that they became keenly aware of its presence and qualities in their souls…”

NTR #40, from Jesus:
“…And let me say, further, that when I sent forth my disciples in pairs to teach, I did not enable them to heal the sick and cure the blind and the lame, and otherwise crippled, because it was not in my power to do so. For such power could only be obtained as a result of the consequences of the Divine Love being possessed by their souls to such an extent that they would be possessed
of the power to cure through the Heavenly Father, whose power would then be used in obedience to the prayers for healing on the part of the disciples having the Divine Love in that abundance in their souls. So that, the New Testament is wrong in that particular, as it has been shown to be wrong in many others, when it states that I empowered my disciples to heal. They could not heal at all until the day of the Pentecost, when the Divine Love came to them in that abundance that they were enabled to heal as a consequence of the power which the Divine Love in their souls gave to them…”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156

Pentecost _May 28 5 months 3 weeks ago #8003

• Jan
  • Jan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 44
I have a Skype Prayer group that meets on Sundays and Thursdays at 7:30 eastern US time. We meet from 7:30 - 8:30. The first 30 minutes 7:30 - 8:00 is used to discuss the Padgett Messages and for the last 30 minutes we spend in prayer praying for our souls to be filled with more of our Fathers Love. Tomorrow nights topic is about Pentecost and anyone seeking our Fathers Love is welcome. If anyone is interest just send me your Skype address and I will send you a connect on Skype.

I have also attached a document that explains more about Pentecost.
Jan
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156
  • Page: