Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Divine Love Flowing into the Soul
  • Page:

TOPIC: What Happens to Our Will, when we pray for God's Divine Love?

What Happens to Our Will, when we pray for God's Divine Love? 04 Sep 2015 20:12 #7547

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 79
Lately, I find myself praying that God take my Free Will in exchange for His Love. Haven't seen much on this nor has it ever been discussed before in the original DL Family nor in the global community.

Does our free will become obsorbed into the Will of God or do we through submission give it back to God? Our free will is part of our natural material nature but that part becomes transformed/re-born into a new soul with no resemlence to it's original nature. It would appear to me that something very dynamic occurs to the Will. My internal compass wants to give mine back to God in exchange for at-onement.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

What Happens to Our Will, when we pray for God's Divine Love? 05 Sep 2015 06:09 #7549

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 77
Good post, Dan.

From my studying the messages and personal experience, I believe God's gift of free will has to do with whether or not we will accept or reject God himself, His Divine Love, and abide by His Laws. We know that God stays quietly in the background while we go about our lives. And even though God knows each of us and is aware of what we're doing, He never interferes and it's not until we are ready to invite Him in do we begin to know Him as a personal Loving Heavenly Father.

Following God's will is really knowing what His will is. We know that He wants us to possess His Divine Love and in that regard, we are following His will. Since we know God's plan of salvation, I believe it is His will that we spread the word, which we are doing.

In the day-to-day matters that we need to contend with, we can ask God for guidance. We don't need to call for the Angels, as God hears everything we say and as Jesus wrote in the messages, God wants us to establish a personal relationship with Him. And this I do know, He absolutely loves it when we do, especially when it comes to giving us hugs!! And at a prayer circle last week, I invited Him to join us and did I ever get a fabulous dose of Divine Love when I did that! One thing to know is that God loves to be loved... just like we do, so it's a win-win when He knows it!

Here was my question to God this morning. I have been sleep deprived all week and I was thinking of driving into work because it was closing early due to the three-day holiday and I was getting off at 3:00 p.m. If I went by bus, I would have to wait for almost an hour for the first bus home. I slept longer last night, so I thought I would ask God if I should take the bus or drive. He said take the bus, so I did. I'm really happy I followed His advice, because I couldn't keep my eyes open on the bus and took naps both ways. :cheer:

What Happens to Our Will, when we pray for God's Divine Love? 06 Sep 2015 15:36 #7552

• Dan

Joan wrote: Following God's will is really knowing what His will is. We know that He wants us to possess His Divine Love and in that regard, we are following His will. Since we know God's plan of salvation, I believe it is His will that we spread the word, which we are doing.

By golly, I think you nailed it Joan. It's all about God's Will and doing His Will. As we follow God's Will and seek His Love and become at-one with Him our will becomes obsorbed into God's Will. If we are becoming at-one with God, we are becoming at-one with His Will.

Hugs,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

What Happens to Our Will, when we pray for God's Divine Love? 07 Sep 2015 15:13 #7553

• Dan

Loren wrote: I am no expert in this, in order to get this answer, we must understand what free will is and its nature.

What is free will? What does it allow us to do and choose? What can't we do?

Perhaps a perfect example of free will is the fact that in the spirit world, we have heaven and hell and everything in between and all for us. What is a home or place of destination for one's soul but the outer manifestation of an inner condition? What determined this condition but the Will to act upon one's desires. We are free agents to act as we will but we cannot escape God's laws of harmony.

One Love Many Hearts

What Happens to Our Will, when we pray for God's Divine Love? 10 Sep 2015 06:01 #7557

• Jan
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 49
I believe that free will was given so that we have the total freedom without any pressure to choose whether we want the things of this world or the Love of our Father. I also believe that because God gave us the that freedom of choice that he will not arbitrarily do for us no more than he would do for the vilest sinner who has never turned to God but yet he loves them and meets their basic needs, UNLESS we ask him. Most people believe that God knows what they need and will not ask God because they believe that he is a omnipotent God who takes care of them without asking. If he did that it would not be freewill. He knows our will by the simple act of asking. He then set his angels and spirits loose to provide a way to answer.

As we ask for and allow his Divine Love to come into our soul is when we become at-one with him and our wills become the same. To me his will is that I develop such a one on one relationship with him that is closer than any human relations that I could have. A trust, a love, and reliance upon him for all that I am and need.

Recently as I have been in crowds with other people and I look upon them and I wish so much that I could tell them and get them to understand that their IS A LIVING GOD. Then I feel so helpless because the average person is fixed on the blood of Jesus saving them and telling them likewise would most likely stir up hatred which is not of God. Today I came across this in TGRA book One where Jesus said to Mr. Padgett:

Continue in your line of though and in prayer to the Father, also, in your making know to others WHENEVER THE OPPORTUNITY ARISES, the importance of seeking for, and getting the Divine Love.

. I have prayed that he helps me to rise up to speak whenever the opportunity arises.

If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156

What Happens to Our Will, when we pray for God's Divine Love? 11 Sep 2015 06:22 #7561

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 77
Touche' all!

I read the Prayer for Divine Love earlier today and Dan's post came to mind. What is God's will for us?

"That Thy will is, that we become at-one with Thee, and partake of Thy Great Love which Thou hast bestowed upon us through Thy mercy and desire that we become, in truth, Thy children, through Love..."

And when we thank God for His Love, what will He do?

"We thank Thee for Thy Love and for the privilege of receiving it, and believe that Thou art our Father, the loving Father who smiles upon us in our weakness, and is always ready to help us and take us to Thy arms of Love."

He will hug us! God gives awesome hugs! All we need to do is ask Him for one. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan

• Page: