Username: Password: Remember me
Sharing Divine Love
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Soul Talk 03 Dec 2013 23:04 #6163

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 79
I am praying to overcome my earthly nature with the power of God's Divine Love. It continues to assert itself even after many years of prayer. Sometimes I'm frustrated with my minuscule progress. Perhaps that's not a bad thing; the frustration, as it motivates me towards prayer the more.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Soul Talk 04 Dec 2013 14:43 #6165

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 79
Good advice Loren and one, no doubt, born of experience. You probably have heard the term; it's hard to think of heavenly things in hell. The earth plane is within the hierarchy of the hells and we live here. It's a challenge to grow in such an environment however (here comes the good part) the pull that God's Divine Love puts on us is irrestible, no matter life's circumstances. It is always running in the background of our lives and eventually takes the foreground.

Loren, I love what Jesus said; "seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all will be added unto you". When I apply that maxim to my soul progression, I put all my eggs in one basket. And that is the purity and holiness of prayer for God's Love as my redemption. For me this is how I navigate through this mine field on earth.

Had a neat cat with Deb this morning over coffee and I shared a question; does God have a personality. Some see him as a father and others a mother or perhaps as a lover. She said I was trying to go too deep, to let it go and let it happen on it's own. Loren, is God to you a personality? I sence that He has one but I have yet to dscover it. Most of the images of God are masculine and yet He is neigher male or female. Perhaps the knowing is in the living of that soul living in communion with God. And to that end I follow my heart on this experiential journey of Divinity.

Love ya man,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Soul Talk 04 Dec 2013 15:29 #6166

• MichaelD
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Rev. Dr. Michael DD
  • Thank you received: 5
Dan,
Like you, I feel I am not gaining the spiritual divinity fast enough. Constant negative thoughts crowding the mind, I pray and pray to have my soul filled with Divine Love and to be a better person only to feel that I still have a long way to go.

My thoughts on God's personality is yes he has a personality and it is both masculine and feminine, the perfect balance. Kind and understanding yet firm in his laws and direction we are to follow. Is he a man? Is he a woman? The answer is no. God is not of this world, so why would he be limited to either sex as there is no need for physical procreation in the spirit world.

God is simply God.

Re:Soul Talk 04 Dec 2013 21:28 #6168

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 77
I'll chime in here, too, as I'm enjoying all your posts.

A tip that really helps my soul to open up for the inflowing of Divine Love is to play music while I have my meditation prayer sessions. I have an hour's worth on my youtube playlist and I just click it on and here it comes without me saying anything.

When I reach out to God, I say "Hi Dear"... short for "Dear Father." I guess I think of Him that way because Jesus and the Celestials do.

The other night when I called for Him, I said I was sorry that I hadn't communicated with Him in awhile, 'cause I was doing other things or too tired. He responded that it was okay and that He's always with me.

I am blessed to have this relationship with God and I really feel He was the one who initiated it. It's been five years now and I've received so much Divine Love, but I know I need a whole lot more of it. :)

Love and blessings,
Joan

• Page: