Username: Password: Remember me
Sharing Divine Love
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Helping Others 31 Jan 2011 21:46 #3933

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 77
As we post how our souls are being developed in Divine Love and in what ways it is changing us, I decided to start a thread that I'll keep updating whenever an opportunity presents itself for me to help someone. Today I was given this opportunity.

Last week, I decided to start a new exercise regime at work where I'm walking around the block in the morning and the afternoon. This takes about 6 to 7 minutes. Twice last week, I noticed a homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk. I'm not sure if it was the same man, but my heart went out to him.

This morning, I was half way through my walk when I saw a tall man who appeared to be in his 30's standing near the entrance of the local CVS pharmacy/grocery store. As I came closer to him, he asked me if I could spare any money so he could get something to eat.

Rather than immediately get out my wallet, I asked him a few questions and one of those was if he had ever heard about God's Divine Love. He repeated the words, and said that no, he never did. Then he told me about his friend who believes in God. He also said that he had been at the park yesterday when it was raining and he asked God to bring the sunshine... which He did, by the way.

He asked me if I go to church and I told him no and I think he liked that answer. :)

Anyway, long story short, I gave him enough money to get a sandwich and I shared with him that if he really wanted to change his life for the better, then pray for God's Divine Love.

I didn't ask his name, but I will ask our Father to send His angels to watch over him and direct him to the county's resources that can help him in his time of need.

P.S. It did occur to me later that he may not have bought food with the money I gave him... this I'll never know, but the important thing about this encounter is the fact that I was able to share with him the words "God's Divine Love" and "pray."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Helping Others 01 Feb 2011 16:30 #3934

• brotherdavek
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 0
That's very nice Joan. I'm sure that you both benifited from the action. Having been in 12 Steps programs for almost 29 years now, the thing that "helps" others (as well as us) the most is when we share our stories, what we were like, what happened (to bring about a change) and what we are like now. we call it sharing our experiences, strenth and hope.

much love to you all, brother dave k.

Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re: Helping Others 02 Feb 2011 11:38 #3939

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 79
Joan, I too am saddened by the blight of others and have helped out those whom I was moved by my heart. Like yourself, I wasn't sure how the money was spent and I suppose it doesn't really matter as the act of charity was shared between folks. And, I've always felt like it was a huge bonus for me to have little opportunities like this to reach out and love someone. I was particularly impressed though by your other movement of love, to share the "good news" of God's Divine Love. It takes a little boldness to speak up and speak out for God in an otherwise Godless world. Perhaps your sharing with the homeless gentleman about God's Love and how it can change our condition and station in life may help awaken his soul.

A retarded/mentally challenged man calls me nearly every night to ask me what I've had for dinner. He's a local at a coffee shop I frequent as it's a hot spot for composing and emailing my business construction proposals. He likes to be called "Big Mike", as he's a 49 year old black man who works for a mental health agency picking up trash with a clean-up crew. In the beginning of our telephone chats, we would talk about what he and I ate for dinner or he would rib "old meat head James, the owner of the coffee shop whom Mike likes to pick on with humorous descriptions like that one or "double cheese burger head James". The humor has always been light and childlike as I've played along and made up some stuff of my own too, like eating dog food for dinner. Anyway, Mike says to me, "oh Dan, you make me laugh".

If you hang out at coffee shops like I do, you can't help but notice that allot of coffee talk is gossip. Apparently "Big Mike" has called other folks too in the past and I hear others talk about Mike and how they played along for awhile with his calls but generally ignore him now. A good friend of mine who has also befriended Mike told me the other day that Mike has called him everyday now for 2 years and he hopes Mike never stops calling him. He also felt that perhaps he was the greater benefactor in his relationship with "Big Mike" and I feel the same way.

Perhaps it's not just our monies that we give unconditionally to others but our time and respect of these invisible people in our society. Fortunately, "Big Mike" has it all together and you want to know how I know that? The other day I decided to elevate my conversation with "Big Mike" as I asked him if he prays to God for His Love? Mike said, "I pray to God everyday Dan, I have Jesus in my heart and I go to church every Sunday". I asked him again, "Mike, do you pray for God's Love to come into your heart"? He said, "I pray everyday to God for His Love to come into my heart". Perhaps Mike was parroting me however I also asked him, "Mike, are you happy"? He told me he was very happy and has told me that several times since. Mike has been known to stand up in the coffee shop and ask everyone to join him in prayer about something that's come into his heart. He's a darling of the coffee shop and for the past 2 years on October 25th, we have a birthday party for him.

Opportunities to love others, to give of our gifts and time are all around us as there's lot's of folks that need help and need loving. It's things like loving on "Big Mike" and others and praying for God's Love that made me share with "Big Mike" the other day that I'm "very happy" too.

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re: Helping Others 09 Feb 2011 14:00 #3980

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 77
Thanks for sharing, Dan. God bless Big Mike.

You know it's not very often that we get to tell people about God's Divine Love, but yesterday was different as I was able to share the good news twice... the first time at work and then the second at the city forum.

I'll share here what I wrote on the forum. One of the moderators, who calls herself june 7th, and is a non-believer, started a thread asking believers to convert her by sharing what their beliefs are. So here was my golden opportunity, once again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June ... is therefore going out on a limb here and inviting all of you to tell a nonbeliever: What, exactly would be the reason why someone would want to become a Christian, and what do you base it on? June, being "just June" is interested in as many different answers/responses as she can derive, so all are welcome (if they feel so inclined) to respond. --For which June thanks you all in advance. Take gentle care.

June, if you're going to do this... then you just might want to go all the way and become a Divine Love Christian. This is such an easy way to learn about and love God. You don't need to attend church or pay a tithe. Just let your heart and soul go out to God, who is our Heavenly Father, and ask Him to pour His Divine Love into your soul. With continual prayer and faith, God's Holy Spirit will fill your soul to the brim with the most awesome love that you could ever imagine. And in time, you will establish a rapport and closeness with our Father, and you will be assured of immortality and, further, you will become a Divine Angel in the Celestial Heavens. And if you're ambitious with your prayers and soul longings, you can become a Divine Angel on earth and make it happen now!

This is from Jesus' teachings... it is how he became divine while he was on earth and at-one with God. Jesus is the Master of the Celestial Heavens and a teacher of God's truths. As he said, "Narrow is the Way and strait is the gate which leads to Life Everlasting, and few there be that enter therein."

Prayer is the "gate" and "God's Divine Love" is the way. I'm going to be one of the "few there be that enter therein." What about you? Blessings. :)

• Page: