Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...
On-line study group
  • Page:

TOPIC: What does it mean "We are made in the image of God?"

What does it mean "We are made in the image of God?" 1 year 5 days ago #7862

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
I heard the phrase, "We are made in the image of God," in an advertisement for a recently released Christian movie, "Torchbearer." The thought came to me that many people may not have any idea what the image of God is.

Jesus' disciple, Luke, wrote a wonderful message about this topic in Mystery of the Birth of the Soul in the Human Being .

He writes that all souls, prior to entering mortal bodies, "are made in the likeness of God, the soul has a consciousness of its existence and of it's relationship to God... and more especially of the duplex character of its being; and by this I mean the sexual differences in the two parts of the soul, which, in the way that they are united, constitutes the one complete soul (soulmates)."

"Now, as to what this soul is in its constituent parts or shape or form... we spirits are not informed and do not know. We are often present at the conception, and also the birth of a child, and realize that a soul has become enveloped in the flesh, but we cannot see that soul as it enters into that home of mortal environment, because as to us it is invisible and has no form; but after its lodgment in the human body we can perceive it and realize its existence, for then it assumes a form, and that form varies in different incarnations, or in the incarnations in different humans.

We have never seen the Soul of God, although we know that there is this Great Oversoul and, hence, we cannot see the soul of any image of the Great Soul until it becomes, as I say, individualized.

I know that men have often wondered and asked the question as to the preexistence of the soul that has been incarnated, and what qualities and attributes it had during its preexistence, and as to these particulars I wish to say, that we spirits, although we are inhabitants of God's Celestial Heavens, have little information, though we know that the soul, and I mean the complete soul in oneness, has an existence prior to its becoming individualized.

You may ask, how we know this?

... we spirits of the higher soul development can, by our soul perceptions, understand the existence of these souls as images of the Great Soul, and the qualities of these images are such, that while we cannot sensibly... see these souls or their dualities, yet we are conscious of their existence. To use an illustration... you understand that the wind blows, yet you cannot see it."

As Luke wrote, we "are made in the likeness of God," they "have never seen the Soul of God," and when a soul incarnates into a mortal body, they "cannot see that soul... because as to us it is invisible and has no form."

So the statement, "we are made in the image of God," doesn't mean our physical body is of the image of God... rather, it is our soul. The invisible part of us that remains dormant until we discover that it exists. And the best way to discover it... Pray for God's Divine Love! So simple. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What does it mean "We are made in the image of God?" 1 year 4 days ago #7864

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the quoting the message about what it means to be made in the image of God! Could you please give the volume and page number?
Thanks!!
Jan

What does it mean "We are made in the image of God?" 1 year 3 days ago #7865

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi Jan,

Luke's message is in True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus , volume 2, page 253.

Love,
Joan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan

What does it mean "We are made in the image of God?" 1 year 3 days ago #7866

• Jan
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 44
Thanks Joan!

If mortals would only understand that as regards to eternity, the soul is the great thing which they possess, and should be given more care and development than any and all other parts of man's being. TGRABJ Vol 1 - page 156
  • Page: