Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...
On-line study group

TOPIC: What is Truth?

What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4073

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 64
What is Truth?

Truth must be what is true, this may not be what we believe or think to be true, unless of course that belief or thought is true.
The source of all Truth is God, and while mankind speculate and create their own beliefs about what is true, the fact remains that only God's truth is the truth.

So how do we find the truth?
Well, the answer is easy, we ask God.
Why not go straight to where the truth resides when we have a question, if you do not believe in God or do not believe you can be revealed a truth or truths, I doubt if this is where your search will begin, but let me just add this, if you do not seek truth from where truth resides, how do you know that what comes to you is true?

So what are the questions we should be asking?
I know through my own experience that sometimes the questions are given to me so that I may ask the question, and the same source that gave me the question to ask, which I then ask God for the answer, and the answer comes, has had revealed to me truth by giving me the question which revealed a truth, which is the answer.
And while I receive the answer I know that this is only a part of it, but it is a part that will never be untruth, for example, God is Love, is an answer, this is only a part of the answer, but it will never become untruth, but will be a basis for the coming of more truths about God.

My question that lead me to these messages was, "what did Jesus really say?"
I believe the question was given me at the right time, at a time when I had come to a point in my development where I would be able to recognise these truths and could refer to previous enlightenment's revealed to me.
So when I found these messages I recognised that they were truth immediately.

My search for truth had ended and begun at the same time, a new epoch in my life and existence had been reached, and as they say when you climb one mountain and reach the summit, other mountains will come into view, this I believe is how coming closer to God is, and the more I see and have revealed to me the more God becomes a God which words cannot express, so "God is love" are just words for some, but for me these words have real meaning and bathes my soul in love and humbleness, and I know that I am only a newly incarnated beginner and know that there is so much more to come.
God loves us all, and is patiently awaiting our call, if people knew only a part of what our Father offers us, everyone would turn to God.

Love and Blessings to All, Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4076

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 72
Wow, where to begin; what is truth? I suppose since I'm the closest thing to where I'm sitting, I'll begin with the truth of myself/ourselves. Do we see ourselves in truth or are we deceived in our self evaluation and beliefs about our self?

When I began praying for Divine Love at 18 years old, I didn't know at the time the real dynamics of prayer. I had ran away from home to avoid an overbearing and abusive father and came to God as a wounded and lonely soul. My self esteem was shot as I believed the lies that I was told by my father that I was not worth a "plumb nickel". These were his words and became my beliefs; my false beliefs about myself. I'm sure many who read can relate, as child abuse is rampant throughout the world. I felt sorry for myself and told my tale of woe to many of how awful my father was and he was to blame for all my troubles. Lie #2, as my Dad is not to blame for my free will choices that I've made as I alone am responsible for my thoughts and behavior.

Praying for Divine Love has helped me to love and accept myself more and more. I say more and more as it's been a lifelong process of healing for me where I can feel honor, dignity and love for myself and others. Divine Love has been a break through for me through my mental baggage, false beliefs, negative emotions, misguided passion, negative thoughts, anger, pride, selfishness etc.

I don't claim to have "arrived" and worked through all my stuff, however the Father's Love has helped me to better love myself and see my higher nature, the pretty part, the beautiful, the sublime, the Love; the Truth. I've been at this seeking phase of the truth for my entire adult life and have looked high and low, read many books, visited many churches, have preached in many churches and yet it's so simple that most folks don't ever get it; the truth.

There is one truth that is the open sesame of all truth; seek first through prayer God's Divine Love and all other truth will be revealed to you. This one truth epitomizes Jesus' entire teachings. Funny though, many will read these words and agree and yet.........

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4078

• brotherdavek
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 0
April 7th, 1916
I am here, John

I desire to write a little to night, upon a subject that may prove to be of interest to you, and others who may read my message. I will not write a very long message, but will say what I desire in short sentences, so that the Truth that I intend to convey may be understood at a glance.

Well, when you are sure that you have discovered, or have had revealed to you, a Truth, let it sink deep into your soul, so that it will find such lodgment as will cause you to realize that this Truth is a Reality. A thing, that must not be forgotten, or neglected, in its APPLICATION to your daily Life on earth.

When you have found that the Truth fits some peculiar condition of your mind's experience, adopt it as a criterion for determining what your course of ACTION shall be.

When you have thus adopted it, let it always remain with you, as a guide and monitor in determining what your belief as to the particular thing involved shall be.

When you have thus received this belief of the mind, encourage and feed upon it, until it becomes a thing of established Faith. When Faith has become a part of your very being, you will find that the accompaniments of such Faith, in the way of longings and aspirations, will become things of Real Existences, which will result in Actual Knowledge.

When such Knowledge becomes yours, then you have solved the problem of what is True, and what is not. When you have solved this, you will become a human, who, when they utter their Knowledge of Truth, will speak as one having authority.

Such was the process by which Jesus became the possessor and Authentic Expositor of the Great Spiritual Truths that had never before been known, and declared, by any human.

Of course, these various steps, which lead to this great Knowledge of Truth, must be taken gradually and with increased confidence. In all this, the Help and Influence of the Father are necessary. Such Help and Influence comes only in response to sincere, soul aspiring prayer.

Prayer must arise from the soul of human. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of Things Spiritual, that humans may think they possess, coming in any other way, cannot be relied on. There is only One Source of such Knowledge, out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Love is the Great Principle that enters into all Knowledge of Things Spiritual. Without Love, it is utterly impossible for human to rightfully conceive the Truths of God and possess them.

I merely desired to give you this short lesson on Truth, Knowledge and Love, so that in receiving and absorbing our messages of the Great Spiritual Truths of The Father, you may realize the means of making them your own, in a manner to satisfy your soul perceptions.

I will came soon and write you a message on some of these Vital Truths. Think of what I have above written. You will find that your soul perceptions will be opened up to a clear and wonderful comprehension of the Real Meaning of what we desire to reveal.

I will not write more tonight.

Your brother in Christ, John

Truth, knowledge and love. How to solve the problem of what is true and what is not.

Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4079

• brotherdavek
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

This is one of my favorite messages. I usually have it taped to my wall by my computer. It is a simple, step by step process that states the The Way to Truth. It is almost secular. It may be applied by anyone, in any particular spiritual belief. It is timeless, and powerful. It works with the Natural Love and the Divine Love. The Truths of God and God's Truths of Life, in this world and the Spirit World are obtainable by the use of these steps on a disciplined and consistent basis. It covers how belief is an important first part of the obtaining Knowledge of Truth. Then the soul, and its perceptions. And then Love, both what we call Natural and Divine in the souls development and progress is absolutely necessary to those perceptions of Spiritual Truth.

much love to all, brother dave k.

Prayer must arise from the soul of humans. The response must come from God. There is no other means by which this Knowledge can be obtained. All Knowledge of things spiritual, that humans think they possess, coming in any other way cannot be relied upon. There is only One Source of such knowledge out of which the Real Spiritual Truths of God emanate.

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4098

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 67
Another very important aspect of Divine Love is that it brings to us knowledge and discernment of the truth as our soul's develop to a sufficient degree, as Ann Rollins describes in this message:

"But as the soul develops in the Divine Love, this development means that what comes to it as a fact is a truth - the everlasting truth. The soul does not learn all truths at once, but the truth that it does learn is one that never changes, and lets no revision alter or set it aside.

No, truth of the soul's discernment is never shown to be in error, and no error ever becomes a part of the soul's discernment of truth.

So, you see, the great road to the ascertainment of the realities of God is through, and only through, the development of the soul by the inflowing of the Divine Love. The eye of the soul is that interior perception which needs not reason from cause and effect to discern and forever establish the truths of God."

Ann Rollins' experience in progressing from the third sphere into the Celestial Heavens.

Re:What is Truth? 6 years 6 months ago #4099

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 67
The beginning of Ann Rollins' message is equally as relevant as what I posted above, as it deals with the difference in soul progression of those spirits who possess God's Divine Love and those spirits who are progressing in their intellectual and moral qualities. Ann further states that the mind doesn't always learn the full and real truth because it is infallible and, therefore, it cannot discern truth. And further, in the highest natural love spheres, there are as many disputes in the spirit world as there are here on earth.

"In some of the planes of this sphere are many spirits who have not received this Divine Love, but who have attained to wonderful moral and intellectual qualifications; but they were not so happy as were those who had received the Great Love of the Father. They gave their thoughts and works more to things that pertain to moral and intellectual progress than to the soul development in the Divine Love.

It may seem strange to you that these spirits could live in an atmosphere where so much of God's Love was manifested by the numerous spirits who had received this Love, and yet, not realize that this Divine Love is the one great thing absolutely necessary for their further progress and greater happiness. But such is the fact, and many of these spirits of the greatest intellectual development are still pursuing their studies of laws that have to do solely with things that relate to the operations of spiritual laws and the causes of phenomena that astonish both mortals and spirits.

I have wondered many times that they have not had an awakening to the real and grander truths of spirit life, and to the causes of the development of the souls of those with whom they come in contact, who are so much more beautiful and happier than are these students of merely spiritual laws and causes that produce only astonishing phenomena.

Strange as it may seem to some, intellectual progression is not necessary to soul progression, but with soul progression by obtaining the Divine Love comes a wonderful knowledge of these other things that I speak of.

I, as you know, was a person of just ordinary mental acquirements, yet in this spirit world I have left behind me many great minds possessed of wonderful intellectual information. I mean not only as regards the progress of my soul, but also as regards the attainment of knowledge that these men are devoting their time and work to obtain.

Strange also, it may seem to you, that with soul development in the Divine Love there comes intellectual development, but to us who have experienced this fact it is not strange, because the mind is only an attribute or, as I may say, a quality of the soul, and as the soul develops in the Divine Love, the mind must necessarily also develop.

Philosophy is merely the conclusion of minds that have given thought and investigation to the subject matter of that philosophy, and, when it is determined by the mere mind, it is still uncertain, and subject to revision and change as the mind may change. The mind, in its development, does not necessarily learn the full and real truth; and in this spirit life, among these men of purely great minds that do not possess the Divine Love, there is as much variety of opinion, and as many disputes as to what is the truth, as there are on earth. The mind, of itself, cannot always discern the truth, because it is not infallible, even when it is the mind of a spirit and that spirit a highly developed one."

Ann Rollins' experience in progressing from the third sphere into the Celestial Heavens.