Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...
On-line study group

TOPIC: The truth and errors in the Bible.

The truth and errors in the Bible. 6 years 6 months ago #4050

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
In Jesus' teachings, he and the Celestial Spirits state that there are truths in the Bible as well as errors. So this thread will focus on those messages.

From Jesus:

"I was not born with the knowledge that I was the son of God sent to earth to teach these great truths, or to announce to mankind the rebestowal of the great gift of immortality, and the means of acquiring it. But this knowledge of my mission came to me after I became a man and had the frequent communions with God by my spiritual senses.

I was never in the presence of the Jewish priests expounding to them the law and asking questions when about twelve years of age, as stated in the Bible, and not before my first appearance - after I became a man - did I attempt to show priest or layman that I was the messenger of the Father, and sent by Him to proclaim the glad tidings of immortality restored, and of the great love of the Father which was necessary to make all men at-one with Him, and to give them a home in His Kingdom.

I never was a sinful boy or man, and did not know what sin was in my heart; and strange as it may seem, I never sought to teach others these truths until after my mission was declared by John the Baptist."

The Birth and Life of Jesus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 6 years 6 months ago #4051

• Joan
From John:

"Well, that is a question that has caused men to doubt and consider and explain in various ways the so-called miracle of the loaves and fishes.

As I was a disciple of the Master at that time, it is quite natural that I should be expected to state whether such a miracle ever occurred and, of course, I can state what the fact in relation thereto is. And notwithstanding that it has been used by preachers and teachers for many centuries to show the wonderful power possessed by Jesus, and thereby cause the people to believe in and accept him as God - or at least having God-like powers - and has been used to work much good among those who were seeking for the true religion, yet, I am compelled and sorry to say that no such miracle ever took place.

While Jesus had wonderful powers and understood the workings of the spiritual laws to a far greater extent than any mortal who ever lived, yet, he had not the power to increase the loaves and fishes as is set forth in the account of the miracle.

To be able to do so would be against the laws of God governing the material things of His creation and, also, beyond and outside of the powers conferred on any man or angel by any spiritual laws.

There are certain laws by which we, who are acquainted with and use them and may cause a dematerialization of physical substances and also may - to a limited degree - cause a materialization of spiritual substances, but I am not acquainted with any law that would have operated under the control of Jesus to increase the loaves and fishes to the great number mentioned in the story referred to. As a fact, I know that no such miracle took place, and Jesus will tell you the same."

How prayers are answered for material things.The miracle of the loaves and fishes never happened.

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 6 years 6 months ago #4052

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 72
Hi Joan. Thank you for speaking to truth and error as regards the Bible as some may want to throw the baby out with the bath water. When I consider that the early followers of Jesus formed the first Christian churches, it is no wonder that Christianity comes the closest to the original teachings of Jesus regarding the New Birth. No other religion teaches of salvation through God's Grace(Love) however speak to the virtue of man. The story of Nichodemus and the message that we must be born again is really the core principal of the soul's salvation. This quintessential truth however is buried in an avalanche of false doctrine that confuses and misleads followers with other so called truths. Sometimes I think that Christianity is so close to a clear understanding of the truth of salvation and yet is so far.

Essential truths of man and God are really confusing in the Christian religion that paints God as vengeful and demanding a sacrifice for sin, an innocent; Jesus. This barbaric belief comes from man's worship of fertility gods as priests invoked this practice to supposedly satisfy God's wrath for their disobedience. Original sin denies that we are the greatest and most beautiful of all of God's creation. The concept of being saved by grace before mortal death and denying an opportunity for redemption beyond the grave feeds hopelessness to those who wait. With just these few examples one can see how the two most important truths written in the Bible; God is Love and Ye must be born again can be watered down and nearly lost in many of the contradictions and untruths in the Bible.

It would be interesting to do a study of all who have received God's Divine Love, how many are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Agnostic? I would place all bets on Christianity.

Your brother in Christ,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 6 years 6 months ago #4054

• Joan
Dan wrote:

Hi Joan. Thank you for speaking to truth and error as regards the Bible as some may want to throw the baby out with the bath water. When I consider that the early followers of Jesus formed the first Christian churches, it is no wonder that Christianity comes the closest to the original teachings of Jesus regarding the New Birth. No other religion teaches of salvation through God's Grace(Love) however speak to the virtue of man.

Thanks Dan. What we know with the Christian faith is that many of our words are the same but they have different meanings. For instance, we believe in Jesus as the Messiah and they do, too. Many Christians believe that God is a God of Love and this we definitely know to be the truth. We both know about the Holy Spirit, however, they do not correctly understand who and what it is. There are Born Again and New Birth Christians, and I even found on the internet a Christian Divine Love church, however, their interpretation of these words is miles away from the real truth.

I just checked in my Bible, which I use as a reference when I post in a Christian forum. It was a gift from my grandmother, who was a Seventh Day Adventist, however, I never belonged to any Christian church, but did attend several different ones on occasion throughout my life, but I digress. :)

"Grace" is mentioned in the Bible several times, so we also have that word in common.

It seems to me that eventually our two "dictionaries" will match with the same definition as more and more people become aware of Jesus' true teachings and their souls receive God's Divine Love.

Love and Blessings,
Joan

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 6 years 6 months ago #4055

• Joan
"Your Bible says: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, etc., out of a void, and continued that creation until there was a perfect heaven with all its glories, and a perfect earth with inhabitants of every kind - all perfect and made just as an all wise and all powerful God would create; and as a climax to all, man, who was so perfect that he was made in the image of his Creator.

Well, this story is just as good and satisfactory as any that has been conceived and written by man, and is just as worthy of belief, but as a fact it is not true, for there never was a time or period when there was a void in the universe or when there was chaos.

God never created anything out of nothing, but His creations, such as are perceived by and known to men, were merely the change in form or composition of what had already existed, and always will exist as elements, though there will undoubtedly be changes in form and appearance and in constituent elements in their relation to one another.

God was always existent - a Being without beginning, which idea the finite mind, I know, cannot grasp, but it is true; and so also everything which is in the universe today always existed, though not in form and composition as they now are; and as they are they will not continue to be, for change eternal is the law of His universe; I mean as to all things which may be spoken of as having a substance whether they be material or ethereal.

Of course, His Truths never change and neither do the laws by which the harmony of the universe is preserved and continued perfect.

Now, the earth on which you live did not always have an existence as an earth, and neither did the firmament and the great galaxy of planets and stars, but they were not created out of nothing, and neither was there chaos - for in God's economy of being, there is never any chaos which, if it should be, would mean the absence of the workings of His laws and harmony.

The True Relationship of Man to the Creation of the World and the Origin of Life

Re:The truth and errors in the Bible. 6 years 6 months ago #4057

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 64
Who says that Jesus death was a sacrifice that appeased the wrath of God?
Not Jesus!

Is this just one of the false beliefs that gives permission to people so they can sacrifice their lives and others in a so called justified war or cause and in the name of martydom?
Another false belief when this is connected with justifying evil is, "the end justifies the means."
So if Jesus paid the price and saved us all through this sacrifice, then why is there still so much sin in the world?
The answer is simple, there was no sacrifice, he was murdered whatever they wanted to call it and no-one became sin-free because of his death.
What needs to be sacrificed then? our false beliefs for one, we are well on the way to doing this when we seek the truth, not to seek to have our beliefs confirmed, but to just seek the truth and if they are confirmed then we already believed in this truth, if they are not we will be told the truth.

Here are three snippets from the messages about this, even a child can understand the logic presented here.

From Ann Rollins.
I realize that what I have written conflicts with the orthodox belief, that it is only through the death, and blood, of Jesus that men can be saved from their sins and become children of God and at one with Him.

If this belief were true, then by Jesus' sacrifice all men would be saved, irrespective of their obtaining this Divine Love, or only those would be saved who had heard of Jesus and accepted him as their saviour. Neither of these propositions is true, for without this Divine Love entering into the soul of a man, it would be impossible for him to partake of the divine nature of the Father, and become fitted to occupy a home in the Celestial Spheres. This love in the soul, whether it is a result of the workings of God's ministering spirits, causing a real soul longing, in conjunction with the Holy Spirit, makes the man of a nature divine, and a redeemed child of God.
How all mankind can become Divine Angels, and how erroneous beliefs prevent this consummation

From Jesus.
I did not proclaim myself to be God, but only that I was His beloved son, sent to proclaim His Truths to mankind, and to show them the Way to the Love of the Father.

I was not different from other men except that I possessed this Love of God to a degree which made me free from sin, and prevented the evils that formed a part of the natures of other men from becoming a part of my nature.

No man who believes that I am God has a knowledge of the Truth, or is obeying the Commandments of God by worshiping me. Such worshipers are blaspheming and are doing the cause of God and my teachings great injury. Many a man would have become a true believer in, and worshiper of, the Father and a follower of my teachings had not this blasphemous dogma been interpolated into the Bible. It was not with my authority, or in consequence of my teachings, that such a very injurious doctrine was promulgated or believed in.
When James E. Padgett's Soul Development Was Sufficient to Permit Jesus To Write, the Following Info

From Jesus.
When I was sent to earth, God sent me with the Truth as to redemption, and conferred upon man the privilege of receiving His Divine Essence. No sacrifice or death of mine brought this great boon. Only with my coming came this Love and the Way to obtain It.

As I have said, my death or sacrifice by blood, as is emphasized in creeds and worship of the churches, did not in the slightest degree work to bring about the restoration of this Great Favor of God to man. They were merely the results of the beliefs and actions of men in the Jewish nation who would not tolerate my declarations of Truth. My death, etc. did not appease any "wrath" of God towards men. But only of His Own Great Love for His creatures did God bestow this Gift, or privilege of the soul, which man had lost by Adam's disobedience.
Immortality. Only from the Immortal Can True Immortality Be Acquired