Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...

TOPIC: At what age should a Child be told about Divine Love?

At what age should a Child be told about Divine Love? 4 years 3 weeks ago #5987

• Joan
  • Joan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
When my daughter was born, I had already been receiving Divine Love in my soul and had read all the volumes of True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus. I don't recall when it was that I mentioned to her about praying to God for His Love, but she does and it thrills me to no end.

Anyway with her daughter, it's a whole different ballgame.... a Divine Love one! First, we held a christening ceremony for her at 3-1/2 months as my daughter's commitment is to raise her with the strong foundation of knowing God and receiving Divine Love.

As soon as she began talking... she said her nightly prayers. "God Divine Love Mommy. God Divine Love Daddy. God Divine Love Mimi (that's me!)" And the list grew longer by the night as she was meeting new people all the time... relatives and friends.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, she's now 3-1/2 years old and recently she asked Mommy if she would read the Prayer for Divine Love that Jesus wrote through Mr. Padgett when they pray at night. Of course, the prayer is so long, she falls asleep before my daughter has finished reading it. And it seems to me her soul must be awakening if it hasn't already.

It'll be very interesting to see the spiritual development of this "little angel sent from Heaven." All I know is that so far, she's just a normal kid, but very smart for her age, as she already knows she has a soul. :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:At what age should a Child be told about Divine Love? 4 years 2 weeks ago #5990

• David
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 2
That’s wonderful Joan, I have wondered how a young child would respond to praying for DL. Their souls are so pure, I would think that the Love would flow much more easy and they trust so much which I think is also important for receiving His blessings. What an advantage she has in knowing about her soul and God’s Love at such a young age. Someday, I think this will be normal for all children and Heaven will definitely be on earth as they are all so heavenly.
With love,
David

Re:At what age should a Child be told about Divine Love? 4 years 2 weeks ago #5991

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 72
I recall a discussion on this many years ago but now I don't remember if it was in the founding church or in George's spiritual community. The opinion was that young children need to first learn about love, natural love as demonstrated between humans through stories that shows kindness, forgiveness, charity, patience, etc. The concept of love/God's Love, without first understanding it through human examples is difficult for a young child to fathom. This was the consensus of that discussion regarding teaching young children about praying for God's Divine Love.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:At what age should a Child be told about Divine Love? 4 years 1 week ago #5993

• Joan
Yeah Dan, that was my past understanding, but this change in doing things the way it's always been done will, hopefully, bring about different results for this little precious angel. While she's had her toddler challenges, maybe seeing life through how God sees it will help her understand just how important both Loves are.

Here's her latest question: "Does God walk or fly?"

My response: "No, He hovers. And He watches us and hears everything we say."

Maybe one day, rather than reading Harry Potter books... she'll be reading True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus instead. :cheer:

Re:At what age should a Child be told about Divine Love? 3 years 11 months ago #5999

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 72
You're probably right about this Joan. It reminds me of when I worked in Early Childhood Education many moons ago. Those more progressive will speak to a child as an intelligent human being using sophisticated language with the expectation that the child will understand and they often do rather than speaking down to a child using "baby talk". The wee ones do absorb and understand more than we realize. I know parents of young children who were surrounded with a more intellectual language envelope who are now really smart kids. So, in relation to speaking about God's Divine Love to young children, perhaps they do understand much more about such things or at least have the curiosity for than we give them credit for.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:At what age should a Child be told about Divine Love? 3 years 4 months ago #6452

• Joan
Just wanted to share an update since I posted this thread several months ago. My daughter, Kelly, told me yesterday that she's still reading the messages to Sasha every night at bedtime. Even though Sasha falls asleep minutes after she begins reading, Kelly keeps reading the message to the end.

Kelly reads from volume two of True Gospel Revealed Anew By Jesus as she feels those are a little bit easier to understand. And as we know, the highest truths of Jesus' teachings are in volumes one and two, which are posted here on Ian's website.

Anyway, the other day Kelly heard Sasha singing a song... one she made up... with the word "Padgett" in it! :cheer: