Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...

TOPIC: Fireside Chat

Re:Fireside Chat 5 years 10 months ago #5359

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 72
Hello Kathryn, I've been thinking about your love of the outdoors on my recent paddle trips. Another one starts tomorrow evening as a DL brother is driving up from Houston and we're headed 150 miles north into SE Oklahoma to a mountain lake. The lake is probably 2 miles wide near the dam and tapers back into the Mountain Fork River, which is about 35 miles long from north to south. This is an Army Corps of Engineer lake and local reservoir. There's no development on it as it's all pristine wilderness for camping and paddling.

I gave my friend a copy of the messages received by Padgett and he has been to our site here. We always touch upon the DL when we paddle together. I always look forward to these times to get real close to God and share this awesome experience with another soul too. Hope all is well for you and your family Kathryn.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Fireside Chat 5 years 10 months ago #5360

• Kathryn
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Dan,

I am so glad that you are heading out into the outdoors.. I so dream of the time when I too can get out more :) When I am in God's creation it grounds me and I love to just take in all of the beauty of nature.

As you know my Mom is having some health issues and it is also my busiest time of year with my business so I have had little time to post but I am happy to report I still take time in my life for prayer as I need all of the DL I can get right now.

Wishing you a fabulous trip Dan and you should post some pics upon your return to share with us.

Blessings Dan, Kathryn

John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again”

Re:Fireside Chat 5 years 10 months ago #5376

• Dan
The weekend proved nothing less than Divine as my friend and I talked constantly about God and His Love. This was perhaps the most concentrated time of sharing with another brother about God's Love in my whole life. It was not contrived but natural as we kept affirming the beauty and power of God's transformative Love.

I shared with him that a dear and close Divine Brother has shared with me that serving others is perhaps our highest service to God. As I contemplated that statement I first limited my thinking to doing volunteer work and then I learned it's greater truth this weekend.

For those of you who may not know, I went on a wilderness canoe trip this weekend, where I paddled 16 miles on a mountain lake and camped in the woods with a fellow paddler. I found myself serving my friend the food I was cooking, even though we normally do our own cooking. I loved serving him and it occured to me that serving others is really what we all do everyday, at least to a minimum expectation. Most of us work and therefore serve others as our work undergirds the income and life of other human beings. But to go beyond that and put our hearts and hands to serving others in many small ways everyday is monumental

Here's a few highlights of some of our discussions and questions shared.

1. How could have Adam made such a huge mistake, what was he thinking? How could a perfect being with perfect thoughts create an imperfect thought?

2. My friend shared that he feels like he's growing spiritually and is becoming less dogmatic as a Catholic. He said that he prays for God's Divine Love.

3. We talked about our families and our struggles. Our sharings with this led us to the conclusion that asking God for greater help with this and to pray for others is. essential.

4. We talked almost constantly about prayer as it came up over and over and over in our talks.

Getting out in nature either alone or with others is the perfect opportunity to share with God. Even the paddle experience, as we crested waves together, the only sound, the wind and the paddle stroke was spiritual for me. I was constantly sending out my desires for God's Love as my mind wandered not to more trivial things. This was a good paddle.

Love,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

Re:Fireside Chat 5 years 10 months ago #5381

• AL
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Dan for sharing your weekend experiences with us. The key is to keep our thoughts on higher matters as this brings us in greater alignment with God. The act of writing on this site has helped me immeasurably in this regard. So keeping good company either here or with others is a pleasure when our thinking is of higher things and harmonious. Not always easy to do and is a blessing when it happends.
Yes we do have many opportunities to serve others and if it is done with love it opens the flood gates of our souls to both give the Love and to receive it. The humbler the task, the more powerful the blessing. I believe God works in this way. By thinking of other's needs before our own we are doubly blessed by God. This is how we learn to truely love. Actions always speak louder than words when the love flows unrestricted by our own needs. I say this as a reminder for myself because ,in my case, I am not so strong in this regard :blink: . If we keep our eyes open, lessons can be learned every day if not hourly and you my friend are a good teacher as well as a student. Thanks again for your comments. Your brother and friend.....Al

Re:Fireside Chat 5 years 10 months ago #5382

• Dan
Your humility precedes you good friend. You and Joan are such examples to me of service to others.

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

Re:Fireside Chat 5 years 9 months ago #5399

• Dan
Three days and a thousand miles later we completed our Thanksgiving trek to west Texas. It is said that the holidays are often stressful for many as personalities and emotions are brought together. At times it was difficult to listen to some of the family chats and I just sat in the same room and couldn't engage in conversation. As we departed on our journey home I reflected on what I wanted to reflect upon and decided to ignore that which was negative and looked at the good that I saw and experienced. This is a wonderful change for me and further evidence of the transformative power of God's Love in moving me from negativity towards love.

Love,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts