Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
06 Aug 2016
If you are interested in these messages on the website and would like to join us in this forum, please send an email telling us your reason for wanting to join, top menu "Email".
Read More...

TOPIC: Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat 6 years 6 months ago #4188

• Dan
  • Dan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 72
When I head out into the wilderness for multi-day/week canoe/kayak trips with friends, one of my favorite experiences is the evening meal with the fireside chats. Through the Law of Attraction I share this experience now with spiritual seekers as we speak of God and His Divine Love and our personal walk with Him. So, in that same spirit I'd like to invite you here to a fireside chat and just relax a bit, stretch out your legs and share what's on your heart.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Yesterday, I had a cool experience with my son Rory. We were talking about our motorcycles as he rides a 4 wheeler (rather aggressively) and I, a Maxi Scooter. I expressed my concern that he does not wear a helmet or protective clothing when riding (I do) and the serious consequences of going down, especially on asphalt or concrete. That was the extent of my preaching as I told him that I would pray for him when he was riding and I asked him to do the same for me.

Afterwards, it occurred to me that we have lots of opportunity every day to speak up for prayer and God and we needn't feel shy about it. Asking my son to pray for me and that I would pray for him just fell out of my mouth and felt natural and uncontrived. I think we can actively make God a part of our public life in our mixing and sharing with others without being preachy. Some folks are afraid of speaking up for God so as to not offend others. I'm learning that its offensive to hide our Love and enthusiasm for God.

Your loving friend,
Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Fireside Chat 6 years 6 months ago #4190

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 67
And that, Dan, is what I call opportunity knocking. I had such an opportunity yesterday myself.

As I was leaving work, I stopped by the reception desk to check out for the day, and the relief receptionist, who I've mentioned in another post, asked me if I remembered her friend, who had been gravely ill, as she had spoken to me about him previously. Well, yesterday, he passed over, so she was now dealing with this loss.

My initial reply was, "God bless him." And then my advice to her was not to feel sad, but happy that he has been released and that if she would pray for him, he will feel it as it's always good when we do this for those who are in the next world.

She was happy I gave her that advice and said she would plan something special for his memorial and from now on she will pray for all her friends and especially those who have passed.

Even though I don't reach out to everyone who has lost a loved one, I do send a silent prayer to those who have passed when I know their names.

I also know there are still many people who don't want to talk about death and think of it as morbid... well, they don't know what we know and especially if they knew about and were receiving God's Divine Love, they would have no fears or worries about it at all, but would welcome the new spiritual adventure. :cheer:

Love and blessings,
Joan

Re:Fireside Chat 6 years 6 months ago #4191

• Dan
Sounds like you and I were at the right place at the right time. I was repairing a house recently and a black maid was cleaning. I told her that I believed in redemption beyond the grave and she shared with me how her culture celebrates someones death.. She called it a "home coming", as the person who passed on was going home. And that they came together to celebrate a life. Kinda cool. Incidently, I had an awesome experience today at the time Al and Jeanne were having their prayer circle. I'll post a message about it later here on the forum. What was so unique was that I had it while riding my motorscooter.

One Love Many Hearts

Re:Fireside Chat 6 years 5 months ago #4212

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 67
I wanted to follow up on my earlier post. Yesterday afternoon, my co-worker stopped by my desk to share with me that she had been to her friend's memorial service that morning. As his many friends talked about what a great guy he was and their love for him, she felt God's Love so strong at one point she could barely breathe and it about knocked her over. :cheer: She said she doesn't feel it often, but when it comes, it really comes.

She mentioned several touching stories about what a dear friend he was and that he was the person responsible for keeping their circle of church friends together and she's confident that they will remain that way in honor of him.

As she was talking, I felt a stirring in my soul as it was making a connection with hers. I thought of Ian's website and how I wanted to give her the link, but it wasn't the right time. I know that even though she doesn't know Jesus' teachings, someday she will... even it if means we're in the next world... and I'm pretty certain she will believe me.

Blessings in Divine Love,
Joan

Re:Fireside Chat 6 years 5 months ago #4228

• Dan
Joan wrote:

As she was talking, I felt a stirring in my soul as it was making a connection with hers. I thought of Ian's website and how I wanted to give her the link, but it wasn't the right time. I know that even though she doesn't know Jesus' teachings, someday she will... even it if means we're in the next world... and I'm pretty certain she will believe me.

Yes, thank you Joan for sharing this experience with your co-worker. I believe you're right that the timing has to be right too when sharing the higher truths of God with others. Perhaps if our heart is in the right place with our Heavenly Father and we're on cue with Him therefore we're at the right place at the right time with everyone we contact and speak too. Living on such a soul level of existence guides our every word that comes out of our mouth as we become a mouthpiece for God's Love. I believe that we can attain to such a spiritual condition while living on earth and become a true personification of the Divine Love just like Jesus was.

Its actually quite easy to do because all it requires from us is a "burning desire" for the Father's Love and that's it. The rest is up to God to achieve within our soul so as to attain to such a transcendent state of being. The trouble with most folks is that they get hung up on trying to do this on their own and don't choose the higher road. There is a low road and a high road to God and both are good and reveals for the seeker a wonderful life.

I gave up a long time ago the path of the tiger chasing his own tail because I grew weary and frustrated with my feeble results and wanted a more powerful and effective means of personal progression. My library is filled to the brim with numerous self help books and I've been to the most progressive self help seminars touting the world's leading authors and speakers of self improvement like Zig Zigler, Anthony Robbins and Stephen Covey. At the end of the day I find myself with the same belief and passion for the Father's Divine Love as the only viable path of personal progression. The other modlities of personal growth pale in the light of the Father's Love because everything else depends on us to pull ourselves up by our own bootstraps. It's the religion of positive thinking and modeling behavior based on values of virtue and rightousness. There's nothing wrong with that and it can reveal for the seeker nominal growth but why settle for second best when we have the power of God's Love available?

The reason why many will not choose God's Love, the higher path, is because they will not submit themselves and therefore become submissive to a higher power. Intellectuals view this as weak minded and God as a fairy tale and others choose individualism and independence, nobility and virtuous living without God. Many call this living according to the Golden Rule, which is to treat others as you would want them to treat you, with love, dignity and respect. Living according to the Golden Rule does not need the assistance of God and therefore most will choose this path of life and not seeker the higher path of God's Love.

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

Re:Fireside Chat 6 years 5 months ago #4230

• Ian
  • Thank you received: 64

The reason why many will not choose God's Love, the higher path, is because they will not submit themselves and therefore become submissive to a higher power.

I see this a lot Dan, whenever I get the chance to speak to someone about spiritual things it doesn't seem to matter where the conversation begins, it always ends up back at the person and the choice about their destiny is there with them in their present.

The messages teach the truth about our relationship with God, what it is, what we must do to realise this and how to make contact with God, also they teach us that no middlemen are needed, nothing that must be done first before we seek God, no emotional cleansing or suffering, we go to God as we are, sinners, because that's what we are whether we admit this or not, we are sinful until we are not and never can be again. This is the humbleness that must be reached, if we go to God telling Him how we want it, it won't work, so as you say we must submit ourselves unto God if we wish to be redeemed from sin and error.

Something to think over, competition, what is it? one side against another? winners and losers?
They say it is a good thing, but is it really? Because if someone is wanting their team or country to win, that means they want the opposition to lose, so where is the love in that? God doesn't take sides and neither should we.

There are many paths that lead to the realization of that little something we must do to gain salvation, but there is only one way to do it, and the messages explain in plain language how this is accomplished.

Love, Peace and Truth to all, Ian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alberto