Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spiritual Experiences

Re:Spiritual Experiences 20 Jun 2014 08:56 #6481

• David
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Dan, that’s really wonderful that you were able to reconcile with your dad while he was in spirit. I can imagine how difficult it must have been for you to have grown up in that situation. I think when while we are growing up we adopt beliefs about how we think we are supposed to behave or how we want others to perceive us which in reality is not our true selves. They are like masks that we wear around but when it’s time to depart this mortal world the veil is dropped and we see ourselves as we truly are. It seems that your father was wearing a mask that was created by his experiences in the Marine Corps and he was acting a role that he believed was how he should behave. I’m excited that your fathers is seeking Gods love with you and have developed this close and loving relationship that you didn’t have while growing up. The same day I read your post I gave a ride to someone that was walking on the side of the highway. He was a young man, 25 I think and was eager to tell me about his life. He said that he had run away from home when he was a teenager because of his father being very controlling but ended up in a fight that landed him in prison for three years. When he was released he got into drugs and after several years of traveling between cities in the northwest stealing to support his habit he finally decided he had enough and quit the drugs and all the bad stuff that went with it. He said that he fully takes responsibility for his decisions and had recently prayed to God for the first time since running away those many years ago. He asked God to help him make it back home. I have been praying for him that his dad has changed and will welcome his son home with open loving arms, and like you were able to do with your own dad, develop a loving and forgiving relationship.

That’s very interesting about your experience with CL and what your father said from the spirit world. Like your experience recently, I too sometimes find it difficult to understand what message they wish to communicate to us.

Several years ago I became very interested in life after death and started to read about Near Death Experiences in books and on the internet. While doing this I came across books that contained messages from angels. These messages intrigued me very much and I then thought, maybe there are messages on the internet too. I did searches and eventually came upon Geoff Cutler’s website new-birth.net. This is where I began to read the Padgett messages but at that time I was less interested in the messages about DL and more interested in the descriptions of what life after death was like. After some time I decided to take what was written about DL to heart. The messages from Jesus and the angels were so compelling and full of love that I knew I had found what I was looking for, or maybe better to say what my soul was searching for. My life has changed in wonderful ways because of this and I am so thankful to everyone who have created websites, written books and done other things to spread the knowledge of these messages. Without them I would be living a life without direction and still searching for meaning.

Dan, I read your testimonial and it is beautiful. You have been basking in His Love for a very long time. As you said it is the “The Greatest Miracle in the Universe”.

Joan, I’m glad you have been enjoying our discussions. I have also been enjoying these discussions and your posts and your recent ones on the pearls of wisdom section with your favorite Padgett DL message quotes. That would be cool if Padgett could materialize at the 100th anviversary retreat. I do believe that seeing 1111 and other numbers is a way that the angels communicate with us. A while back I was driving down the highway and passed mile marker 111 at exactly 1111 pm. I don’t know the significance of that but it’s hard to imagine it just being a coincidence. Maybe it’s just their way of saying we see you and love you.

If I can steal Joan’s creative words,
God Divine Love You All!
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Spiritual Experiences 28 Jun 2014 13:27 #6486

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 79
Thanks David. I got the idea about reconciliation beyond the grave from a previous experience with the therapeutic technique called Gestalt Therapy. I put my Dad in a chair sitting across from me and let my feelings out about him. And then I traded chairs and became my Dad and talked to me. I also did this at his grave site in Maine. It was through this idea that I discovered that a rapport was forming between us and not just an imaginary one but a true reconciliation was unfolding. I began to hear his thoughts and felt his remorse about the past and began to feel his love for me. It has been a wonderful thing to find out that we could do this beyond the grave and it wasn't too late but more; that my Dad discovered his own forgiveness and personal restoration through God's Divine Love too. I am so happy for him.

Love,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Spiritual Experiences 09 Jul 2014 13:56 #6494

• David
  • Forum Member..
  • Forum Member..
  • Thank you received: 2
Sorry Dan for not writing in a while. I’ve been real busy, just moved out of my apartment after three years of living there. It’s amazing how much needless stuff can accumulate in that amount of time. Wow, thanks for describing how you reconciled with your Dad in spirit. It’s amazing how you started out using the therapy and then felt a real connection to Him after some time. I can imagine how difficult it was for you to grow up in such an environment and having this opportunity to reconcile with Him and guide him to Divine Love was a wonderful gift you gave him. My dad passed away in 2001 do to ALS. My brothers and sister and I had a very close relationship with him. He was an amazing father and always made time for us. Recently I was at a friend’s house when her ex-husband came in to see his son and daughters. He said “How’s my sonny boy doing” to his son. This got my attention because my dad would call his boys, “Sonny boy”. I think my dad in spirit has been coaching her ex-husband on how to be a good father and this was his way of letting me know he was there with me. Her ex was an absentee father, involved very little in their lives but in the past year has been making efforts to be a better father. I sometimes think that God will use the gifts we have in the spirit world to teach those of us on earth how to improve ourselves. I also think that he gives spirits the opportunity to teach or guide people in areas they had difficulty with as mortals as a way of atonement so to speak. Something I’m sure they are delighted to do. I wonder if your father is doing this along with guiding his charges along the path of Divine Love. I’m not judging my friends ex-husband, I think he didn’t have any good examples of father figures in his life and was repeating the same sad situation that he may have grown up in. It’s wonderful that through your adversity you have become the strong loving person that you are today. We can certainly feel it here in your writings, your love overflows and thank you for sharing your life experiences with us.

With love,
David

Spiritual Experiences 30 Sep 2015 14:14 #7572

• Dan
Deb and I just got back from a trip to the Smoky Mountains in western North Carolina. We trailered our motorbike out and rode up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We met up with a group of about 30 others as we're all members of an internet riding forum. While we were there a member had to be hospitalized (not from an accident) and we cut our trip short and brought him back to Texas to re-entet the hospital in Ft. Worth to re-work a previous procedure that had been recently done. I reflected on how it was that we were there with our vehicle to transport him home and be available to help him. I see God in the plans. Two couples were involved in this man's help as we got him back home to his wife and the other couple got his motorcycle down to their home in Georgia and will trailer it back out to him. When I look at it all it appears that we were perhaps the most able to help, not necessarily because of any material consideration but rather because of our love and spiritual conditions. All glory goes to the Father.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joan

One Love Many Hearts

Spiritual Experiences 29 Oct 2015 15:32 #7592

• Dan
As I was praying this morning a dialouge ran through my brain with someone speaking to me in first person. It spoke about Jesus as I knew it couldn't be the Master and it struck me that it may be God. I've believed for many years the writing that Padgett received that God does not communicate directly with His children but thru His Angels. Upon further reflection I realized that he can't communicate with a soul that has not been linked to His Soul through His Divine Love. Jesus communicated directly with God because his soul had been reborn through God's Love and perhaps so can we, who pray for it too. Am I midled here or do you agree that God can communicate His thoughts directly to us?

One Love Many Hearts

Spiritual Experiences 30 Oct 2015 04:52 #7593

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 76
Dan, there's a message which I'll have to find later. It says that God can speak to us through soul-to-soul communication. I know this to be true because He speaks to me. If you have a feeling it was God, then I'm sure it was. This is exactly the way a personal relationship with God is established. Not just our praying to Him, but with Him responding. The other night, I reached out to Him like I always do before I fall asleep and I asked for help on an issue I've been having. He told me exactly what the plan was and that He was sending a spirit to help. I had really forgotten about the whole thing until this afternoon when I got to thinking that what He said is working! Yay! :-)

All you need to do is start the conversation. Keep us posted.

God Divine Love You!

Hugs,
Joan