Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spiritual Experiences

Spiritual Experiences 15 Jan 2011 16:15 #3814

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 67
I'll start off with a helpful guide who watched over my car at the garage.
Last year my car had to go to a garage to fix something that was wrong in the engine, they fixed it and I drove it home.
The next day there was something urging me to check the oil, well I just ignored it because I had changed the oil not long ago, but it didn't stop, "check the oil" I kept on hearing, so I did, I checked the oil, and low and behold it was completely empty, they must have drained the oil and didn't fill up after the repair, when I drove it home there was no light indicating that there was no oil, so that was probably broken.
So, "thank you I said," I always thank all the help I get, if I had drove the car as it was the engine would have ceased up and that would mean I'd have to buy a new engine.

Our guides and helpers are a Godsend, they even know when you need to fill up the car with oil.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Spiritual Experiences 16 Jan 2011 14:25 #3822

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 79
Ian, sometimes I wonder how "they", our spiritual guides and angels, can handle such mundane tasks and endure to return to such a dark and loveless world as this to help us? I know that it's said that it's a labor of love, that they do these things willingly, without complaint and most of all in a true spirit of love. I can picture a group of angels assembled for the day's work duty allocation, "Linda, you need to go to a mountain climber in Nepal on Mt. Everest, who's in a dangerous snow storm and is praying for help". Linda accepts with a bit of excitement for this assignment, as she's never seen this magnificent mountain and the client is a high profile Spiritualist Medium. "Oh, and Bill we need you in downtown Manila in the slums as we have a client high on drugs that's praying for help and needs you right now". I know that Bill isn't saying, "oh, do I have too, I was down there yesterday"? It just blows my mind that this thing we call Divine Love can transform the mortal soul into what is called a new creature. This change within us, that would find us never in a place of discontent, complaint or unhappiness is so hard for the mind to wrap itself around. It can only be through another means of perception and knowing that this can be fathomed.

I had a similar incident about 40 years ago Ian, when I joined up with George Stoke's Divine Love study group in California. George was guided to take a small core group across the United States to Washington D.C, which he called the Mobile Affinity Group 1. A small caravan of vehicles pulling travel trailers drove from Santa Cruz, California to Washington D.C. to obtain a church charter from Rev. John Paul Gibson of the FCNB as George was guided to start a Divine Love church/community. I was part of this group of 7 as we were driving through Nebraska and we heard a public warning on the radio of a tornado in the vicinity of the listening area. We drove another 100 miles farther thinking we would be out of harms way as we pulled our motorcade into a camping park for the evening. The night sky was magnificent, clear and beautiful with billions of stars inviting us outdoors to sleep in a nearby meadow in our sleeping bags. George and Katherine remained in their trailer as the rest of us enjoyed this special time of talking about God as we star gazed. Out of the blue, a thought came to me that it was going to rain and that we all needed to return to the shelter of the trailer. At first I dismissed this as a crazy thought as the sky was so perfectly clear. The thought returned a few minutes later and I said, "ok, I'll tell them". I told the group of my revelation that it was going to rain. Everyone laughed at me and thought it was crazy talk as there's no way it could rain under those conditions of a perfectly clear sky. I doubted this thought too and dismissed it. The thought returned again as they wouldn't leave me alone. I then said, "ok, I'll do it", as I told the group that I thought it would rain and returned to the trailer. As I lie inside another thought came that I needed to go back outside and retrieve all of the group's luggage that we left on the picnic table. We generally stored in the trailer while traveling and removed each evening so we could all move about inside at night. I didn't want to go back outside and get up from my warm cocoon as I resisted. The thought returned again and again as I finally got up and got all the luggage inside. Before dropping off to sleep I looked up at the sky as it was just as beautiful and clear as it was in the meadow. I must have gone off to sleep because the next thing I knew all hell had broke loose and everyone sleeping in the meadow were screaming and frantic as the guys helped drag back the gals to the trailer as they fought their way through torrential rain and high winds. The tornado was upon us and even though all had made it back we were so frightened that we might be in it's path. The trailer rocked back and forth and was wracked so much that many of us were crying. Finally things calmed down and we all fell asleep. The next morning we went outside to investigate the effects of the storm as red mud was plastered all over our vehicles and trailers. Good thing I listened and got the luggage back inside otherwise......we'd have been at the laundy place cleaning wet clothes or worse they might have been blown away.

Funny though, the group was so impressed with my mediumistic talent that George asked me to guide the group without a roadmap to find a campground for the next evening. I was driving the lead vehicle and we drove and we drove and we drove into the evening as I didn't know where I was and finally everyone realized I was lost. They didn't ask me to do that again.

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re: Spiritual Experiences 16 Jan 2011 16:28 #3826

• Joan
  • Thank you received: 76
In my adult years, I have suffered from intermittent back pain to the extent that I've been bedridden for at least a week or longer. A few years ago, after a visit to the doctor for pain medication, it just didn't do the trick, so I then sought out the services of an acupuncturist for relief. Never having considered this type of treatment, well, I didn't know if it would work or not, but to my amazement after only one treatment, the pain disappeared.

Since then, the pain has popped up time and again and usually Tylenol is all I ever take and it's gone.

But with the latest occurrence, which happened a few months ago, I decided that here was my golden opportunity to undergo a spiritual healing. So, never having tried this before, when I came home from work, after having such excruciating pain that it was difficult to walk, I went to my room, made myself comfortable and laid on my bed. The light was turned off and I started talking to my Father and I asked Him to send His spiritual healers to remove the cause of the pain.

Within minutes, I felt the hands of a spirit massaging my back and legs and this lasted for at least ten minutes. The next morning, it felt so much better, but it wasn't 100%. So I called in sick for work in order to have another healing session.

Well, the second session was the same as the first and when it was finished, the pain was totally gone and I felt such relief and happiness.

About a month later, a gal at work complained to me that she was having back pain. I shared with her how I was able to get relief with God's help and that I highly recommended it and I let her know to ask Him to remove the cause of the pain, as I had done. I'm not sure if she took my advice right away, all I do know is that she expressed to me one day that she did exactly what I told her and she was pain free, too. :)

Re:Spiritual Experiences 16 Jan 2011 19:24 #3827

• Ian
Dan wrote:

Ian, sometimes I wonder how "they", our spiritual guides and angels, can handle such mundane tasks and endure to return to such a dark and loveless world as this to help us? I know that it's said that it's a labor of love, that they do these things willingly, without complaint and most of all in a true spirit of love.

Loved your story, this quote made me think of a video I saw a while back.
Here it is.
Video taken off youtube.

Re:Spiritual Experiences 17 Jan 2011 13:03 #3833

• Dan
  • Thank you received: 79
That was a great story Ian of this man's conversion experience and more than great, incredible especially the part of the angel who walked into the coffee shop and told him that God loved him. The terrible hate that this man built from his childhood abuse was crushed by the love of a total stranger who appeared out of no where and his conversion experience with God that night in his bus.

Fighting hate with hate only engenders more of the same. This reminds me of the psychology of war; to find a bigger stick than your adversary. With the current world crisis of terrorism, it's challenging finding loving avenues to curb this unleashed violence. Using our intellect(animal nature) it appears that hatred, violence and war is a strategy of survival as I have many friends who are preparing for the worst to happen and are arming themselves and storing food. Many of them have obtained concealed weapon permits and pack a gun daily in their pockets and purse.

Thank God for His Love and the faith I have in its protection from harms way. Once I hopped on a freight train in California and rode a box car with some homeless people up to Oakland from Los Angeles. A young black man, whom had rode with us the 500 or so miles, pulled a gun on me when I had jumped off in Oakland. I knew from talking with this young chap on the trip that he was a good sort of fellow and really was not a criminal type,as I began to laugh at the sight of his gun. He was so disarmed by what I did because as I walked away and looked back; he was still standing in the same spot totally confused by what happened. Another experience in being watched over by a guardian angel.

Maybe that's the answer; terrorists use the media as attention grabbing to fuel their nefarious ways, to promote fear and terror. What if the world refused to give them any press and subdued all media as a blackout and laughed in the face of terrorism; I wonder how many would drop out of the game. I heard once that a certain terror cell wanted to be shut down by the locals as they used the principal of love to reform these hardened criminals. These really really bad dudes were invited to a party and introduced to some local gals. One thing led to another and these guys married these beautiful angels and had children and....well you know the rest of the story. Love can find a way....and WILL.

Love the sharing here Ian, it's such an upliftment for me.

Your loving friend,
Dan

One Love Many Hearts

A disciple of Jesus the Christ, Master of the Celestial Heavens

Re:Spiritual Experiences 18 Jan 2011 10:48 #3836

• Ian

That was a great story Ian of this man's conversion experience and more than great, incredible especially the part of the angel who walked into the coffee shop and told him that God loved him. The terrible hate that this man built from his childhood abuse was crushed by the love of a total stranger who appeared out of no where and his conversion experience with God that night in his bus.

The angels and spirits can appear in human form, I know this because it has happened to me several times, sometimes they appear in shabby cloths and they will ask you a question or ask for directions.
Once someone came up to me and asked me directions, this person was dressed shabbily but he was smiling and had a nice aura about him, I turned away from him and pointed him in the right direction and when I turned back, he was gone.
So I knew he was a spirit who didn't need me to point him in any direction, so it wasn't about this, it was about my first impression about him, and how I felt about him in that moment.

It was about this, like a test to see how I react, how I look at people, does their clothes matter? whether they are old or young? healthy looking or shabby, or handicapped? wealthy or poor? It has nothing to do with it, we are souls, children of God.

In the case of the man in the video, it just goes to show that no-one is ever given up upon, no matter what they have done.